- About Us
- Teen Confirmation
- Adult Confirmation
- First Communion/First Eucharist
- Anointing of the Sick
- Confession, Eucharistic Adoration, and Novena
- RCIA- For Adults interested in becoming Catholic
- Youth Ministry
- Contact Us
Preparation for Confirmation is a spiritual, family experience. Through the preparation process, participants will grow in their sense of community, deepen their understanding of the sacramental rites, and express their understanding in a faithful response.
Who Can Register?
Please remember two years of consecutive Catholic Education, in Religious Education or from a Catholic School, are required prior to Confirmation.
If your child is in 7th or 8th grade (and does not attend a Catholic school), please make sure to get registered into Parish Faith Formation ASAP for the 2016-2017 school year. Religious Education Registration Form – 2016-2017
Children in 8th grade and above are eligible to register for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Please remember, 8th grade parents must attend one of the September meetings and complete the packet in order to register a child for Confirmation Preparation. Registration for 8th grade Religious Education classes does not automatically register your child for Confirmation.
2016-2017 Confirmation Program
If your 8th grader will prepare to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation at Christ the King this Spring please be sure to attend one of the mandatory parent registration meetings in September. Parents must attend one of the following meetings in order to register a child into the program. The meetings are for parents only (not students). The nursery will be available for younger children.
The choices for MANDATORY parent registration meetings are:
Sunday, September 18, 2016 – 10:15 – 11:30am in the McLoughlin Center
- Wednesday, September 21, 2016 – 6:00 – 7:15pm in the McLoughlin Center
* The date for the Confirmation Mass is still to be determined by the Bishop’s office and will be announced at the parents meeting.
* The full calendar of class dates will be distributed at the registration meetings.
*We will post the requirements for Confirmation preparation at Christ the King.
- October 1: Registration form, registration fee, Sacrament Certificates (if not Baptized at CTK), NOTARIZED retreat and medical release form
- November 1: Sponsor Form signed and SEALED by the sponsor’s Parish.
- December 1: Saint Report and Letter to Fr. Len (see guidelines for more information) Both should be turned in to the Religious Education office. Please do NOT submit to Fr. Len.
- February 1: Family Service Project Form (at least 5 hours)
- March 1: At least 3 EDGE attended
- March 20: Readiness Meeting Completed
Retreat Dates :
- 8th graders must choose one: October 29-30 or November 5-6. Students will be assigned to one of the two weekends.
- High School students Must Attend Life Teen Retreat: February 10-12, 2017
2016-2017 Confirmation Registration Forms
- Forms will be posted during the month of September, 2016.
If you have any questions regarding Sacramental Preparation for Confirmation please contact Casey Kiser at mailto:CKiser@ctk-tampa.org