- About Us
- Teen Confirmation
- Adult Confirmation
- First Communion/First Eucharist
- Anointing of the Sick
- Confession, Eucharistic Adoration, and Novena
- RCIA- For Adults interested in becoming Catholic
- Youth Ministry
- Contact Us
RCIA- For Adults interested in becoming Catholic
RCIA Open Houses 2017-18
A relaxed, informal opportunity to ask questions and learn more about …
All interested in hearing about Jesus Christ’s invitation to learn more about the Catholic Church (& Christ’s invitation to join it) are encouraged to attend at least one of these below Open Houses. It will be an opportunity to learn a little bit, ask some questions & meet some Catholics who would love to journey with you as you explore the possibility of joining the Catholic Church. (Email any questions to RCIA@ctk-Tampa.org)
May 17th, 2017 (Wednesday, 6-7:30 pm) Located in McLoughlin Center A
August 27th, 2017 (Sunday, 8 am-Noon) Located in Cafeteria
August 30, 2017 (Wednesday, 6-7:30 pm) Located in McLoughlin Center A
Why Do Catholics Do That?
Have you ever asked yourself this question? Are you interested in learning more about the Catholic Church? RCIA is the special way (rite) by which persons are initiated, that is, prepared, to receive the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist) and become Roman Catholic Christians.
Who Is This Night For?
- Perhaps you’ve been thinking of becoming a member of Christ the King;
- Perhaps you are just curious about what Catholics believe;
- Perhaps you’re a baptized Protestant who is interested in full communion with the Catholic Church;
- Perhaps you’re a baptized Catholic who never received Eucharist and Confirmation; or
- Maybe you’ve never been baptized or want to learn more about the Sacraments and the Catholic Church.
More Information about RCIA
R.C.I.A. stands for Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. RCIA is the process whereby adults may be initiated into and fully enter the Catholic Church. It is for non-Catholics who may be considering joining the Church and also for Catholics who have not completed their own sacraments of initiation. Practicing Catholics are needed in this ministry to share in the RCIA experience as sponsors and team members.
Contact Stu McEntegart , Coordinator of RCIA at (813) 876-5841 ext. 2251 or RCIA@CTK-Tampa.org
RCIA involves the four periods explained below:
RCIA Inquiry Period 2017-18
All interested in hearing about the Joy found in falling in love with Jesus Christ, and your invitation to join the Catholic Church are encouraged to attend all of these below sessions during the period of inquiry.
- Inquiry 1–Wednesday, September 6, 2017–(6-8pm–Located in McLoughlin Center A)
- Inquiry 2–Wednesday, September 13, 2017–(6-8pm–Located in McLoughlin Center A)
- Inquiry 3–Wednesday, September 20, 2017–(6-8pm–Located in McLoughlin Center A)
- Inquiry 4–Wednesday, September 27, 2017–(6-8pm–Located in McLoughlin Center A)
- Inquiry 5–Wednesday, October 4, 2017–(6-8pm–Located in McLoughlin Center A)
- Inquiry 6–Wednesday, October 11, 2017–(6-8pm–Located in McLoughlin Center A)
Walk-ins are welcome & first 6 sessions are open to all interested to learn about Christ the King Catholic Church (Tampa, FL) RCIA@CTK-Tampa.org
Rite of Welcoming & Acceptance
Those who desire to take a new step in their Journey of Faith will be invited to partake in the Rite of Welcoming & Acceptance as we transition from the Period of Inquiry into the Period of the Catechumenate.
- The Rite will take place on Sunday October 15, 2017 during the 11:00 am Mass located in the Church.
Period of the Catechumenate 2017-18
Now that we’ve had a opportunity to begin to embrace Jesus’ love it is, time to learn about the truths, beauty and goodness he desires to reveal to each one of us through his Catholic Church. We will also prayerfully reflect on how we are to respond to the newfound truths presented through the Sacred Scripture (Bible) & Sacred Tradition.
- We will meet on Wednesday’s from 6-8 pm October-February during this period.*
- We will be meeting at the 11 am Mass on Sundays during this time period. We will leave Mass early as a group to discuss the Sacred Scriptures (Bible).*
- *We will take few session off over the holidays.
Rite of Sending & Election
Those who desire to take a new step in their Journey of Faith will be invited to partake in the Rite of Sending & Election as we transition from the Period of the Catechumanate into the Period of the Purification & Enlightenment.
- The Rite will take place on Sunday February 18th, 2018 during the 11:00 am Mass located in the Church & later that afternoon at the Cathedral of St. Jude the Apostle.
Period of Purification & Enlightenment 2017-18
This period is a time of reflection as we embrace the final straightaway in our journey toward receiving the great Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist! It is intensely centered on conversion, and those who are already Baptize will be invited to attend the Sacrament of Reconciliation during this period.
- We will meet on Wednesday’s from 6-8 pm February-March during this period.
- We will be meeting at 11 am Mass on Sundays during this time period. We will leave Mass early as a group to discuss the Sacred Scriptures (Bible).
- Three of these Sunday Masses will include special prayers, called scrutinies, for all adults preparing to receive Sacraments at the Easter Vigil.
- A Saturday retreat will be held on March 24th
Celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation & Eucharist)
Those who desire to take a new step in their Journey of Faith will be invited to receive the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation & First Eucharist! We will transition to the next period, which is the Period of Mystagogy.
- The Sacraments will take place on Saturday march 31st, 2018 during the Easter Vigil Mass located in Christ the King Catholic Church.
Period of Mystagogy 2017-18
During this period we will continue journey together as brothers & sisters in Jesus Christ! We will seek to gain a ever deeper experience of the Eucharist, & the Body of Christ! We will specifically be seeking to grow in our relationship with the Holy Spirit leading up to Pentecost, and finding/embracing God’s presence & will in our daily lives!
- We will meet on Wednesday’s from 6-7:30 pm during this period, which concludes on May 16th.
- We will gather at the 530 Pentecost Vigil Mass on May 19th, & all are invited to a party in the rectory following the Mass!
Come Holy Spirit.
May I know the will of God the Father in My Life,
be filled with the Holy Spirit,
imitate Jesus Christ in all my thoughts, words & actions.
If you are ready to inquire about the RCIA process please contact us at RCIA@CTK-Tampa.org