- About Us
- Teen Confirmation
- Adult Confirmation
- First Communion/First Eucharist
- Anointing of the Sick
- Confession, Eucharistic Adoration, and Novena
- RCIA – For Adults Interested in Becoming Catholic
- Youth Ministry
- Contact Us
First Communion/First Eucharist
First Reconciliation and First Communion- For Children
Preparation for these two sacraments is a spiritual, family experience. Through the preparation process, participants will grow in their sense of community, deepen their understanding of the sacramental rites, and express their understanding in a faithful response.
First Communion and First Eucharist Preparation Program 2017-2018
Mandatory Parent Registration Dates in McLoughlin Center A,B,C (choose one):
- Wednesday, September 27, 2017 from 6-7:15 pm
- Sunday, October 1, 2017 from 10:15-11:30 am
*Sacrament registration forms, dates to remember and all other pertinent information will be distributed at the parent meeting.
*The First Communion Mass times will be scheduled on a first come-first served basis. In order to make sure that you get the time and date that you want, please be sure to come to the registration meeting prepared with the following
- Your child’s Baptismal certificate.
- Fee for the program (Balance due will be provided at meeting)
Only when the registration form, fee and Baptismal Certificate are turned into our office will your Mass time selection be approved.
Who can register?
*Two years of consecutive Catholic Education are required prior to receiving to First Communion and First Reconciliation. The required Catholic education may be with Catholic Religious Education classes or from a Catholic School.
*Catholic education in the 1st and 2nd grade are required to receive these Sacraments in 2nd grade.
*Please contact our office to make arrangements for children and youth in the third grade or above.
*If you have a child in 1st or 2nd grade, who does not attend a Catholic school, please make sure to register him/her into parish religious education! Religious Education Registration 2017 – 2018
*Please remember, 2th grade parents must attend one of the two Mandatory Parent Registration meetings (listed at the top of the page), and complete the First Communion registration form, in order to register a child for First Communion. Registration for 2th grade Religious Education classes does not automatically register your child to receive the Sacrament.
Rite of Welcoming Mass:
- To Be Determined
- Completed within your child’s Catholic Education program (at a Catholic school and/or parish religious education program)
Second Mandatory Parent Meeting Dates in McLoughlin Center A,B,C (choose one):
The nursery will be open during these meetings.
First Reconciliation Dates (choose one):
First Reconciliation is a prayer service in the Church followed by individual Confessions. Parents and others are also invited to receive the Sacrament after the children have received. It is a beautiful way to witness to our kids.
The nursery will be open during First Reconciliation
First Eucharist Rehearsals, Masses and Receptions:
- Please note that we try to accommodate everyone. The fairest way to do that is to allow for a “first come-first served” sign up. That said, please come prepared to the registration meeting… with your child’s Baptismal certificate and fee for the program.
*Date Options for First Communion Masses:
Date will be determined in the fall.
Note: Children will be required to check in 1 hour prior to Mass time in the Cafeteria. Parents can then go over to the Church and wait for the Mass to begin. There will be a professional photographer who will be taking pictures of the kids prior to, during, and after Mass. There will also be a reception following each Mass. The professional photos will also be taken at the reception. Ordering of photos will go directly through Vernon Photography.
- We are proud and pleased to be designated as an “Autism Friendly” parish. We have a program designed specifically to prepare children with autism and related disorders to receive the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.
- Should you have any additional questions, please contact Casey Kiser, Sacrament Coordinator at (813) 876-5841 ext 2248 or CKiser@CTK-Tampa.org.