- About Us
- Adult Confirmation
- Teen Confirmation
- First Communion/First Eucharist
- Anointing of the Sick
- Confession, Eucharistic Adoration, and Novena
- RCIA – For Adults Interested in Becoming Catholic
- Youth Ministry
- Contact Us
Guide to Lent 2018
Lent is what you make of it; challenge yourself to make this your most fulfilling Lent yet! Please see the important dates that follow our resource list. Enjoy!
Message from Pope Francis
The theme of Pope Francis’ 2018 Lenten message is “Because of the increase of iniquity, the love of many will grow cold” (Mt 24:12) He tells us, “Above all, I urge the members of the Church to take up the Lenten journey with enthusiasm, sustained by almsgiving, fasting and prayer. If, at times, the flame of charity seems to die in our own hearts, know that this is never the case in the heart of God! He constantly gives us a chance to begin loving anew.” To read the official message from His Holiness Pope Francis in its entirety, click here.
LENT IS PRAYER
How will you deepen your prayer life this Lent?
• Stations of the Cross every Friday at 7:00 p.m. (w/Lenten Meal schedule below)
• Lenten Mission March 12-14 with Gus Lloyd (flyer available soon)
• Lenten Activities for Children from CatholicMom.com is a great source for families
• USCCB offers an interactive daily calendar, guiding you to read, reflect, pray, act each day of Lent
• A Week of Prayers for Lenten Devotions provided by USCCB
• Daily Meditations from Bishop Barron
• Formed.org (use parish code H3QZGC )
• Daily Mass, Adoration
LENT IS FASTING
Catholics between the ages of 18 and 59 are obligated to fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday and are also encouraged to fast Fridays during Lent. Those above the age of 14 must abstain from meat on Ash Wednesday and all Fridays of Lent. To read more about the definition of fasting, click here.
LENT IS ALMSGIVING
• Renew Haiti Appeal or Lenten Canisters for Haiti (distributed weekend of Feb 10 & 11)
• Project Shoes Drive (tags available weekend of Feb 17 & 18)
• Society of St Vincent de Paul
• Home Makers of Hope
• Trinity Cafe
Ash Wednesday • February 14
7:00 a.m. 12:10 p.m. *5:30 p.m. *7:00 p.m.
* Nursery available for evening Masses.
No Exposition or Confession.
Lenten Season Weekday Masses
Monday • 7:00 a.m. & 12:10 p.m.
Tuesday • 7:30 a.m. & 12:10 p.m.
Wednesday • 8:00 a.m. & 12:10 p.m.
Thursday • 7:00 a.m. & 12:10 p.m.
Friday • 7:00 a.m. & 12:10 p.m.
Friday Lenten Meals & Stations of the Cross
Join us each Friday in the cafeteria for a Lenten meal at 5:00 p.m, followed by Stations of the Cross at 7:00 p.m. (LIVING Stations of the Cross on March 2)
Feb 16 • Vegetarian Chili
Feb 23 • Fish Fry
Mar 2 • Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Mar 9 • Fish Fry
Mar 16 • Vegetarian Lasagna
Mar 23 • Fish Fry
An opportunity for confession:
Mar 10 • St. Patrick’s • 10:00 a.m.
Mar 12 • Incarnation • 7:00 p.m.
Mar 13 • Christ the King • 7:00 p.m.
Mar 14 • St. Lawrence • 7:00 p.m.
Mar 15 • St. Joseph’s • 7:00 pm.
Weekly CTK Confession:
Wednesdays • 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays • 4:15 to 5:15 p.m.
Lenten Parish Mission with Gus Lloyd
Save the date for our Lenten Parish Mission March 12, 13 & 14 (Monday – Wednesday), “Seed of Grace: Loving, Learning and Living Your Faith.” We’re thrilled to have Gus Lloyd, author and national radio host, as our presenter. Get inspired by this dynamic speaker each evening at 7:00 p.m. in the church.