- About Us
- Teen Confirmation
- Adult Confirmation
- First Communion/First Eucharist
- Anointing of the Sick
- Confession, Eucharistic Adoration, and Novena
- RCIA- For Adults interested in becoming Catholic
- Youth Ministry
- Contact Us
- Mon – Thurs 8 am – 3:30 pm
- Sunday – 8:30 am – 12:30 pm (Sunday may be closed for vacation days and/or holiday weekends)
- Closed Friday & Saturday
**Please call for after hour appointments.
Current List of Office Closings:
Our office will be closed in the month of July. We will have a drop box available and the drop box will be checked regularly for new registration forms.
- May 29 – Memorial Day
- July 1-31
- September 4 – Labor Day
- November 10 – Veteran’s Day
- November 23 & 24 – Thanksgiving
- December 25 & 26 – Christmas
Faith Formation (K – 8)
In order to be eligible to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist in 2nd grade, children must receive Catholic education in 1st and 2nd grade (either at a Catholic school or through parish religious education)
In order to be eligible to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the 8th grade, children must receive Catholic education in 7th and 8th grade (either at a Catholic school or through parish religious education).
Casey Kiser is the Coordinator for Faith Formation for grades K-8. This includes religious education classes and Sacrament preparation. Please contact Casey at CKiser@CTK-Tampa.org or at (813) 876-5841.
The Office of Religious Education is located in the St. John Bosco Education Center, next to Christ the King School
Click on the information pages below for more information.
There’s a place you in Parish Religious Education…
- Religious Education – “Roles”
- Top 10 Reasons to Become a Catechist
- Diocesan Catechist Formation Program
- Diocesan Safe Environment Class Calendar (Live Class)
- Shield the Vulnerable (Online Class)
- Arrange for your Diocesan Level II Background Screening and Fingerprinting
Keeping Our Children Safe
Thank you for carefully reading the safe environment curriculum and presentations at the links below. Use and adapt the information for your child to ensure his/her understanding of this important matter. Don’t hesitate to contact the office of religious education (813-870-2509) with any question. Thank you!
- Safe Environment Education Curriculum for Students
- ECC-Grade 3 Safe Environment Presentation
- Grade 4 – 6 Safe Environment Presentation
- Grade 7 & 8 Safe Environment Presentation
- Parent Orientation-Parish
What do we want our children to know, and when? The Diocese of Saint Petersburg has presented a set of guidelines to answer these questions. Parish catechists are charged with these “Is” and “Ds,” to Introduce and Develop one idea and another to our children through the years.
- Curriculum Guidelines for K
- Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 1
- Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 2
- Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 3
- Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 4
- Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 5
- Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 6
- Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 7
- Curriculum Guidelines for Grade 8
ACRE (Assessment of Catholic Religious Education)
The Diocese of St Petersburg requires that all parish programs administer annually a standardized Assessment of Catholic Religious Education (ACRE) to certain target groups of students. The links below present raw data of test results through the years for Christ the King Fifth Graders and Eighth Graders of the parish religious education program.
While accurate and intended to disclose results helpful to the community, much of the data presented in the following links requires careful consideration and further explanation. Contact the Religious Education office at 870-2509 with any question regarding the raw ACRE data.