- About Us
- Teen Confirmation
- Adult Confirmation
- First Communion/First Eucharist
- Anointing of the Sick
- Confession, Eucharistic Adoration, and Novena
- RCIA- For Adults interested in becoming Catholic
- Youth Ministry
- Contact Us
Baptizing Your Child
“Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit…”
– Matthew 28:19-20
Congratulations on the birth of your child! We at Christ the King Catholic Church are so pleased that you are desirous of having your baby Baptized. The Baptism of your child provides an opportunity to examine your own Christian life and spirituality. You are saying that you want to share your living Catholic Christian faith with your child; this is a serious commitment to raise your child within the community of believers and to educate them in the truths of the Catholic faith.
We are blessed with a large parish at Christ the King. Because of this, Baptisms are generally scheduled about 3 months out. Please do not delay! You can get this process started early.
To Schedule a Baptism
Register as a parishioner of Christ the King (if you have not done so yet). New Parishioners are invited to participate in weekly Mass for a minimum of 3 months prior to scheduling a Baptism.
If you are not currently registered as a parishioner of Christ the King (or if you are not sure), please contact our main office (813) 876-5841 and ask to register with the parish.
Step 2: Complete Baptism request form.
Please type or print clearly. Return the completed form to Stu McEntegart at Baptism@CTK-Tampa.org.
Complete Godparent paperwork.
You must choose at least one godparent for the child. The Church will allow up to a total of 2 Godparents- one male and one female.
If two are chosen, one must be Catholic. The second may be either another Catholic OR a Baptized Christian of another denomination may serve as a Christian Witness.
The Catholic godparent must be fully initiated into the Church and practicing his or her faith by attending Mass regularly, receiving Holy Communion and being a registered member of a parish.
If the chosen Godparent(s) is not registered at Christ the King parish, a letter from the godparent’s parish that confirms he or she is in good standing in the parish or a completed Godparent eligibility form is required.
Attend a Baptismal preparation class. Parents and Godparents are required to take this course. Christ the King schedules one Baptismal preparation class per month. Please see below for dates of upcoming classes. Registration for the class is not necessary. However, you must sign in when you arrive. Parents and Godparents may attend the class at another Catholic Church, then provide a certificate of attendance to our office.
Upcoming Baptism Preparation Class Dates: (All classes are from 10 – 11 A.M.)
- Sunday, June 11, 2017 in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, July 16th* (2017) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, August 6th (2017) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, September 10th*(2017) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, October 1st (2017) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, November 5th (2017) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, December 3rd (2017) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, January 7th (2018) in Mary Martha Center, Room 203 (not 201)
- Sunday, February 4th (2018) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, March 4th (2018) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, April 8th* (2018) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, May 6th (2018) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
- Sunday, June 3rd (2018) in Mary Martha Center, Room 201
Once the first 4 steps have been completed, please contact Stu McEntegart to schedule the Baptism. Again, please note that the Baptism WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED prior to receiving the Baptism register form, the Godparent eligibility forms, and one parent and Godparents have attended the class.
For More Information, contact:
Coordinator of Adult Formation & Evangelization